• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Annoyance du jour: don't bring YOUR food in here!

To see Superman last week we brought four pulled pork bbq sandwiches (with coleslaw on top) I wrapped them in heavy duty foil and brought exra sauce in a zippy bag! Perfection! Lots of jealous neighbors!

I don't think I've ever seen an afternoon show @ 11th and 3rd without going to the Taco bell and picking up a few beforehand...guilty as charged :rolleyes:

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

One of our local movie theaters has this deal where if you buy the largest drink and popcorn sizes, you can refill them for free for as long as you're in the theater... so I spend about $11 on a huge popcorn and soda, and share them with my kids, and then I bring in candy and the normal stash of snack food, juice and water I keep in the diaper bag for the kids.

Cheryl

One of the theatres we go to is in this huge mall with a Target as one of the anchor stores, just down the hall from the movies. Since it's in the mall, they can hardly not allow you in with your other mall store purchases. Even if it's a Target bag with drinks and snacks inside -- don't even have to bother "sneaking" it in.