• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The best Croque Monsieur in Paris?

jeffperez62

My wife loves them, we are going in 2 weeks and she is already talking about them. I'm sure there are 1000 places that serve a good one, where would you go?

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How could you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!??

Funny, a Croque and a large Cafe Crème are the first things we get upon arrival in France. (It's usually morning and the hotel won't let you check-in yet) It's a fairly simple sandwich, so, as you said, there are 1000 places making it well. I have found that the little unassuming, tiny mom and pop bar/cafes usually make the best Croques. I don't think it's something you need to travel far out of your way for. Bon voyage!

Rival

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog