• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Beer and Cheese on Restaurant Menus

azurenath

The Redoak Brewing Company in Sydney Australia has a great cheese and beer pairing: Here's this season's tasting plate:

Cheese

Goats cheese souffle Honey Ale

White Diamond Brie with quince jelly and lavoshOrganic Hefeweizen

True Blue with oatcakes and saffron soaked poached pearOrganic Pale Ale

Ashgrove Vintage Cheddar with raisin and almond compote Oatmeal Stout

We ate at this brewpub/restaurant on several visits: great food and beer. Find their web link below. Oustanding Belgium inspired beers :smile:

Cheers,

Stephen

Vancouver

RedOak Brewing Australia

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

In Philadelphia, that path has been started by a charming new cafe, TRIA. They offer some startlingly good beer and cheese pairings.

Also, The General Lafayette Inn and Brewery has experimented with beer and cheese pairings as promotions and special events, with the guidance of brewer Chris Leonard.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

In Philadelphia, that path has been started by a charming new cafe, TRIA. They offer some startlingly good beer and cheese pairings.

THis place sounds great. Thanks for the tip. I'll seek it out on a trip that way in the future.

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Murray's, here in NYC, has a course every once in a while on beer and cheese pairings... haven't taken it but it sounds interesting.

Then again, there's always beer cheese, as served up in German places like the Penn Brewery in Pittsburgh.