• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Potpourri - and a menu request

Hello Sara,

My name is Ruth and I'm another short person like you--I used to be your height, 5'2", but gravity has taken its toll. At 4' 11 3/4" I now can reach almost nothing in the kitchen. Of all the careers in the culinary arts and food industry, yours is the one which seems most exciting to me because it changes every day.

When I moved to PA 5 years ago and finally got to see the Food Network, I watched your show as many times a day as it was on. Especially interesting to me was seeing so many chefs and cookbook writers who were just names with no pictures. My favorite was Shirley Corriher.

Of all your recipes which I've tried, your grandmother's Chocolate Bits Pudding is my favorite. It tastes so rich, and is so easy to make in the microwave.

My request is this: could you give us a menu or two of the meals you serve to the clients in Gourmet's exec dining room? Menu planning is to me the most interesting facet of cooking.

Thank you for being here.

Ruth

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali