• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

3 more

Florida Jim

2004 Artazuri, Rosé:

This Spanish wine from Navarra is 13% alcohol and 100% yummy. Profound; nope, great; nope, age-wworthy; no chance, but, delicious with lunch; oh yeah! Pleasant strawberry and cherry aromas; fruit sweet on the palate with flavors that follow the nose in an integrated, balanced, juicy wine; medium length, balanced finish. ‘Went back and bought a case at $7 a bottle, a no-brainer.

(Perhaps, the only use of grenacha/grenache for which I am pleased.)

2004 Mustiguillo, Mestizaje:

A field blend that emphasizes the bobal grape. The entry level red from this producer and an impressive one with excellent structure and ripe fruit that is nicely concentrated and balanced. Bobal is supposed to have good aging potential so I will probably put a couple of these in the cellar just to see what happens. Good now with full-flavored food. About $12.

1995 Hofstätter, Pinot Nero Mazon:

Another trip to the Italian market and I found an entire case of this marked down to $7 a bottle; when bought buy the case (which I did) take an additional 10% off. Fortunately, it’s worth it with smooth textures, mature flavors and a totally resolved structure. What a find!

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com