• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Two Thousand and Six

• 1 month later...
Come on now Andy, a few more details about  the night please :shock: Northcote Manor is definitely on our to do list in the next few weeks, so a few details would be appreciated. How did the rest of the Obsession Food Festival go then?

I really hate to say this but you're going to have to wait for the article when it appears in the Independent on Sunday.

If your still interested, my Northcote report will appear in the 2 April edition in the Review colour supplement along with some pics and recipes.

that's good timing!

i shall look forward to reading the article, in my room at northcote awaiting my birthday dinner on sunday night!

then onto sharrow bay for lunch on monday marvellous, especially as there's no-way i can be expected to drive on my birthday :biggrin:

you don't win friends with salad

that's good  timing!

i shall look forward to reading the article, in my room at northcote awaiting my birthday dinner on sunday night!

then onto sharrow bay for lunch on monday marvellous, especially as there's no-way i can be expected to drive on my birthday  :biggrin:

Looking forward to a romantic night away Gary? No? Good -make that a table for four please. My Green Card has been stamped. :smile:

............And don't expect a present.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to go back next year and just enjoy the festival. I actually fell very ill driving up and had to spend the night in a travelodge in Oxford because I couldn't continue. It turned out to be a 24 hour bug and I made it up for the whole of Sunday but wasn't really in the best of spirits. I think they must think I'm a right miserable git - moping around the place feeling sorry for myself ("no change there then" says the wife).

Have a great time and say hello to Nigel and Craig for me if they're around (surely they take Sunday nights off though?).

Unfortunately, I think that was very much the case. More shortly.