• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to Buy Fresh Quail?

Mano

I need fresh quail for New Years Eve. Does anyone know anyplace in Bucks Cty. that carries it and will debone it? I figure there are probably places in the Italian Market that carry it and if need be I'll gladly take the trek there to get it.

Thanks!

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

I need fresh quail for New Years Eve.  Does anyone know anyplace in Bucks Cty. that carries it and will debone it?  I figure there are probably places in the Italian Market that carry it and if need be I'll gladly take the trek there to get it.

Thanks!

You should try Jean Pierre in Newtown. He gets deliveries from Dartagnan who most likely will stock Quail. I've gotten duck leg from him in the past. His number is 215 968-7580

I need fresh quail for New Years Eve.  Does anyone know anyplace in Bucks Cty. that carries it and will debone it?  I figure there are probably places in the Italian Market that carry it and if need be I'll gladly take the trek there to get it.

Thanks!

You should try Jean Pierre in Newtown. He gets deliveries from Dartagnan who most likely will stock Quail. I've gotten duck leg from him in the past. His number is 215 968-7580

Thanks to both of you. Griggstown looks great! They have free range quail, duck, pheasant and turkey. I called for prices and they're very accommodating but said they rarely respond to emails and have no formal price list.

I also spoke with Jean Pierre and will get them from him. He's always been a nice fellow, but since selling the restaurant and opening his catering business/cooking school he's been transformed.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)