• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

American Roadhouse in Cresskill

ngatti

I'm going out to run an errand, I'll take a detour and check. That's a real shame. It was a useful restaurant to have nearby.

Won't know till tomorrow as they were usually closed Mondays.

Nick

OK - I'm back. Their front door was locked (didn't know they are usually closed Mondays), so I went around back. There was a car with its engine running so I tooted my horn. The owner, Steve, came out. He was surprised that another chef in the area had heard already, but, yes, last night was their last.

I told him to keep us informed of any news and asked for the Beef Pot Pie recipe. Hopefully he'll join us here on eGullet to keep us informed of their future plans. It was a nice local bar & grill to go and enjoy a burger & beer.

OK - I'm back. Their front door was locked (didn't know they are usually closed Mondays), so I went around back. There was a car with its engine running so I tooted my horn. The owner, Steve, came out. He was surprised that another chef in the area had heard already, but, yes, last night was their last.

I told him to keep us informed of any news and asked for the Beef Pot Pie recipe. Hopefully he'll join us here on eGullet to keep us informed of their future plans. It was a nice local bar & grill to go and enjoy a burger & beer.

Too bad, You're quite right Rachel. Good place for a quickie. My wife's favorite all around joint. :sad:

Nick

• 1 year later...