• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thoroughbreds Grill & Brewing

Faboo

We really like Thoroughbreds for upscale yet casual dining. Parking is easy and they brew some nice beers.

gallery_32394_1312_437538.jpg

We thought they opened at 10:30 for brunch, but it turns out they really open at 11am. They let us come in anyway and gave us tea and the Sunday post to read till the kitchen got moving. That was so nice.

gallery_32394_1312_464965.jpg

My omelet came w/”Breakfast Breads” -- a spice muffin, pumpkin bread and cheese Danish. Since butter came w/it, I had to use it. :cool:

gallery_32394_1312_753070.jpg

My veggie omelet had Portobello mushrooms, green peppers, zucchini and boursin cheese. It was a massive portion. I think they’ve decided recently to increase their portion sizes or something, which is fine by me.

gallery_32394_1312_267580.jpg

The Pasta Primavera is another goodie on the menu. I’ve had it there twice before.

gallery_32394_1312_14250.jpg

If you’re into Bloody Marys, this is the place for you. They have a make-your-own bar where you start by picking whatever brand vodka you want and go from there. It’s also a great place to watch sports at the bar and taste the different beers. :biggrin: A nice alternative from Tuskie’s and Lightfoot.

"Don't be afraid of flavor" -- Tyler Florence

• 2 weeks later...

I have no financial or personal interest in this restaurant at all, just happened to eat here again today.

The mood was somber.

I had the veggie quesadillas:

gallery_32394_1312_173595.jpg

And the big salad w/portabello mushrooms

gallery_32394_1312_508568.jpg

Where in Leesburg is Thoroughbreds, Faboo? I'm out that way fairly often. Also, are you a vegetarian? If so, I'm interested in any commentary you can offer on vegetarian selection in places you dine. I eat fairly small amounts of meat myself these days.

Thoroughbreds is diagonally across business 7 from Johnson's Charcoal Beef Something Or Other. I am a vegetarian, and it's always great to come across a restaurant that offers more than one veggie option. I will gladly post more about those in the future. :biggrin:

Thoroughbreds is diagonally across business 7 from Johnson's Charcoal Beef Something Or Other. I am a vegetarian, and it's always great to come across a restaurant that offers more than one veggie option. I will gladly post more about those in the future. :biggrin:

Faboo: It's on Catoctin Circle, right?

And what do you think about Blue Ridge Grill? I ate there a few weeks ago and found the Brentwood Salad to make a very good lunch.

Faboo: It's on Catoctin Circle, right?

And what do you think about Blue Ridge Grill? I ate there a few weeks ago and found the Brentwood Salad to make a very good lunch.

Yes, it's on the little portion of Catoctin Circle on the other side of business 7.

We went to Blue Ridge Grill about five different times when they first opened and were excited to have such a nice restaurant to go to in Leesburg. I guess I felt the menu was sorta small and the prices kinda high and the portions not so big so I didn't spearhead going there after a while. If I had a choice between Thoroughbreds and Blue Ridge Grill, I'd pick Thoroughbreds just for my own tastes/dining $, but Blue Ridge Grill is certainly excellent as well. I'll go and try the Brentwood Salad this week, I do want BRG to succeed and stay in the area.

I've always been pretty happy with Blue Ridge. Decent burgers and their salads are always pretty good. It is a few dollars more than a comparable Friday's or Applebee's type place, but the cooking is more than a few dollars better.

Bill Russell

Gosh I'm full!!!! So we hit Blue Ridge Grill today. Started w/the Bruschetta w/Basil & Goat Cheese..

gallery_32394_1312_687892.jpg

Went on to the Brentwood Salad (sans chicken & bacon) per Chantilly Bob's recommendation:

gallery_32394_1312_492910.jpg

and finished up w/the Brownie w/Vanilla Ice Cream..

gallery_32394_1312_228704.jpg

All exceptionally delicious! Leesburg is fortunate to have such great restaurants!