• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sangria in NJ restaurants

Rosie

Whose Sangria do you like? Do you like Sangria with brandy in it?  I prefer Sangria without the brandy and usually ask for it without sugar. We recently had Sangria at Jai Lai in Dover and it was quite good. So  good I couldn't get off of the chair! :smile:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I can't find a posting here either. I'll have Lowell check the restaurant recipts tonight or tomorrow for a date to see if the  posting is buried in another topic.

But the bottom line is that we liked the food.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Really love good Sangria...like the heady stuff you get in Spain.

I serve Sangria at dinner parties often.... especially when I'm cooking Mexican.

However, after several unfortunate incidents involving enthusiastic and boisterous guests, and my light beige carpet, I now always serve white Sangria (especially this time of year, when fresh peaches are so abundant, and I make Peach Sangria).

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Peach Sangria? Recipe please!

Maybe you could post it in the Cooking or liquor forum? (and here)  :rolleyes:

Happy to. It's a real winner. Always a big hit. Light, refreshing, and easy.

I'll post it in the "summer drinks" thread.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.