• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Drew Shott's Pastry at Garrison's in Providence

OwnReward

This evening on the Food Channel show "Extreme Pastry" there was a competitor noted as being from Providence-- His name is Andrew Schott (not sure of last name spelling) and his establishment was called Garrison Confections... Is he still practicing his craft in Providence? Where?

Karen

All that is needed for evil to survive is for good people to do nothing

This evening on the Food Channel show "Extreme Pastry" there was a competitor noted as being from Providence-- His name is Andrew Schott (not sure of last name spelling) and his establishment was called Garrison Confections... Is he still practicing his craft in Providence?  Where?

Karen

Garrison's Chocolates is located on Hope St. near Lauriston (next to the CVS) on the East Side.

Garrison's Chocolates is located on Hope St. near Lauriston (next to the CVS) on the East Side.

Thanks! I wasn't having any luck with the yellow or white pages...

KV

I used to live on Hope Street - is there a CVS over there now?  Near Wickeden Street, right?

Actually on the other end of Hope Street...near Rochambeau.

BTW, I made it to the shop the other day. Wow. if the Chocolate Orange tidbit that I sampled was any indication of the rest of the quality, this should be a required stop for any one craving high quality chocolate.

KV

Garrison's is fantastic, as good as it gets. It's on the corner of Hope and 4th, diagonally across from Seven Stars Bakery. Grab some bread there, grab some chocolate at Garrison's, and life is good.

http://www.garrisonconfections.com/

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

Andrew Shotts is a VERY WELL KNOWN pastry chef! He's competed nationally and (I believe) internationally in pastry for..........what, about 10 plus years (probably longer). Your lucky to have him doing such quality work located right in your area.

The boat he did for the extreme pastry was probably my least favorite piece I've seen him create (sorry).... compared to the fine detailed work he's done in competitions.

He is a master chef and someone who's work I've always admired. He's got it all (skill wise) and I hope he will have a hugely successful business! Please support talented chefs like him in your area.