• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tooting My Own Horn - The Second Year

Daniel Rogov

Last year my first book about Israeli wines was published (Toby Press) and I took a minute to do a bit of self-promotion here. The second edition - "Rogov's Guide to Israeli Wines - 2006" has just appeared and any interested in reading about it or (hopefully) ordering it can find further information at my publisher's pages http://www.tobypress.com/books/rogov.htm

Changes this year - 20+ new wineries added; 700 more wines reviewed; a section of doing one's own tastings including a tasting form; etc, etc......

It goes without saying that if the critic is not open to criticism, no-one should be so open, so if any have comments, questions or objections about the book I'll be delighted to respond to them here.

Oh yes...I did request and receive permission from the good folks managing egullet to post about this here.

And congratulations once again! I am pleased that you would share your accomplishments with us, and your insightful posts are always a pleasure to read. It sounds as though your book is becoming more comprehensive each year.

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook