• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

French Quarter Cocktail

Jason Perlow

Through September 30th, all Tour De France restaurants are donating all proceeds from the sale of “The French Quarter,” an original cocktail made from bourbon, cointreau and citrus juice created just for this event, to The American Red Cross.

Anyone got an exact recipe for this one?

Gothamist, September 20, 2005

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Through September 30th, all Tour De France restaurants are donating all proceeds from the sale of “The French Quarter,” an original cocktail made from bourbon, cointreau and citrus juice created just for this event, to The American Red Cross.

Anyone got an exact recipe for this one?

Gothamist, September 20, 2005

the recipe I know from drinkboy is cognac lillet and cointreau. I tweeked it and find it quite lovely equal parts courvoisier and lillet stirred and served up in a glass rinsed with cointreau. garnished with flamed orange twist.

I think Robert's recipe is a little bit more than 3:1.

French Quarter

2.5 oz : brandy

.75 oz : Lillet blanc

Stir with ice and strain; garnish with a thin quarter wheel of lemon

I like the idea of rinsing the glass with Cointreau. Rinsing the glass -- something most people only think of doing with absinthe or an absinthe substitute -- is an underappreciated technique.

--