• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Episodes of ACT to air?

Hello Chef,

I'm a big fan of your writing and the t.v. show and I'm wondering if and when the "yet-to-air" episodes of A Cook's Tour will be debuted on FTV.  A few of your adventures that seem to be missing from the t.v. incarnation are Spain, Portugal and Scotland.

Keep up the great work--can't wait for the next book.  As you describe it, it should be a blast to read.

Thanks again,

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Tony,

We're dying to see them, will they ever make it out?

*waves back at ronnie*

Tim

"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." - H. L. Mencken

I'm assuming/hoping yes. There are indeed a few episodes left to run: the Portugal pig-killin' show, another Portugese show shot in Porto and the Duro Valley which ends in France with tete de veau and foie..a Really good (I think) Spanish show with Arzak, all-male gastro society and tapas crawl...and the Scottish show....I'm told they're rescheduling to prime time in July sometime--so maybe they're saving them up. Just don't know--and neither does NYT who produced them.  I am, God help me, thinking seriously about doing  a few more new shows to be shot end of year: Bahia in Brazil....Thailand..Australia...but we'll see.

abourdain