• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ninja

rks

Let's wage a bet here....give it another 2 months.  Okay 3 months then...Oops, I forgot this is not a gaming site.

How about a NYC restaurant dead pool?? That could be fun if not a bit evil... And the Miracle Cafe does not apply...

Edited by raji (log)

• 3 months later...

So here we are a few months later and suprisingly this place is still around.

Even more amazing, they have a 9.7 rating on citysearch.

I guess this is the new tourist destination after Mars 2012

John

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin

Even more amazing, they have a 9.7 rating on  citysearch.

John

I could go onto citysearch rigt now and spend 15 minutes voting for Ninja untill it had a 5.0 rating. Citysearch ratings are white noise.

I could go onto citysearch rigt now and spend 15 minutes voting for Ninja untill it had a 5.0 rating. Citysearch ratings are white noise.

I think Citysearch has the standard controls to prevent that obvious stunt. You wouldn't use an Internet poll to do a scientific study, but these polls do have some significance.

Even more amazing, they have a 9.7 rating on  citysearch.

John

Have you actually read the reviews on Citysearch? They are comical - I really recommend reading them if you want a good laugh. I guarantee 90% are planted by the manager, etc. The English is terrible, clearly written by someone not from the US (i.e. Japan). Half of them say the same thing - how everything is "fresh" and that the sake is "good" and the service is "amazing"...

Without going into too much detail about my work, I've had to deal with a LOT of engrish in my years. Most of these reviews are clearly written by Japanese natives because of VERY telltale spelling and grammar mistakes -

stuff = staff

makeing = making

unbelieveable

coctails

Common lack of participles etc.

I guess they trained their Ninjas to use the InterWeb

Edited by raji (log)

Possible, but very improbable... With handles like "mulan999" and "mahalo321", with their Ninja review being the ONLY review they've posted, and they're all about the same length, I think the jig is up. That, and Ninja is a bit of a joke in the Japanese community, like Benihana, I seriously doubt any would go there...