• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wines of Lebanon

Daniel Rogov

The launch party for Michael Karam's book Wines of Lebanon was held in Beirut on Wednesday. Lebanese wines are no strangers to many wine lovers in the UK, USA and even Israel where, even though it is illegal to import it, many make their way here for tastings.

Michael is a respected colleague, writing regularly about Lebanese wines and with me one of the contributors to Tom Stevenson's Wine Report . My only regret with Michael is that even though we live so close one to the other meeting for morning coffees is impossible, not due to our own desires but to the general insanities of our region.

The book can be ordered through Amazon and one can find further information and order the book through them at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

It shouild go without saying that I have no interest in the book other than respecting Michael as a colleague and thinking that this may be a fascinating read for many wine lovers.

Edited by Daniel Rogov (log)

Reading some of the articles of Mr. Karam I second Daniel's opinion on this book.

Imagine I have to buy this book from the States and not from Lebanon although it is but a couple of hours drive from my home in Israel.

I am quite sure peace in my region will it least be cheaper and surely more logical.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.