• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making Bellinis for a Bridal Shower

Megan Blocker

I am hosting a bridal shower next weekend for a friend who LOVES Bellinis. I definitely want to include them on the cocktail menu, and am wondering how far in advance I can make the peach puree. I am preparing all of the food, and would like to keep the night before and morning of free for those things.

If the shower is on a Saturday at noon, could I make the puree on Thursday and store it, covered, in the fridge?

Thoughts?

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

I am hosting a bridal shower next weekend for a friend who LOVES Bellinis.  I definitely want to include them on the cocktail menu, and am wondering how far in advance I can make the peach puree.  I am preparing all of the food, and would like to keep the night before and morning of free for those things.

If the shower is on a Saturday at noon, could I make the puree on Thursday and store it, covered, in the fridge?

Thoughts?

Have you considered frozen white peach puree? Perfect Puree (perfectpuree.com) offers it. Put it in the refrigerator on Thursday and it should be thawed by Saturday.

I am hosting a bridal shower next weekend for a friend who LOVES Bellinis.  I definitely want to include them on the cocktail menu, and am wondering how far in advance I can make the peach puree.  I am preparing all of the food, and would like to keep the night before and morning of free for those things.

Thoughts?

Have you considered frozen white peach puree? Perfect Puree (perfectpuree.com) offers it. Put it in the refrigerator on Thursday and it should be thawed by Saturday.

thx for the information. I have been looking for a frozen peach puree mix for bellinis for a while and now have a source. Hopefully it is available in the Atlanta area.

in loving memory of Mr. Squirt (1998-2004)--

the best cat ever.

• 1 month later...

I ended up making the puree on Thursday night for Saturday afternoon shower - it was delightful! I just pureed the peeled white peaches, adding a bit of sugar and some lemon juice (about three of four lemons). I hoped the lemon juice would keep the puree that gorgeous pink color, but it did go a bit brown in the end. However, the flavor and texture stayed, and the Bellinis turned out gorgeously. We discovered that popping them into the blender for about 5 seconds blended the cocktails really well, and left that classic bit of foam (a al Cipriani's itself) on the top. Yum!

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007