• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Clarified a referent in 1st paragraph

I-10, going through El Paso. At least the traffic had slowed down from 80, but the lanes are quite narrow. Several years ago they decided to sacrifice some width in the name of making another lane. I could have reached out and touched that blue tractor-trailer for about half a mile. 

20211120_142656-1.jpg

When we were clear of the traffic but couldn't find a good place to stop and picnic, we worked on celery sticks, radishes and hummus. 

20211120_122458.jpg

I'll tell more about the hummus in another post. I've been putting the Instant Pot through a good workout this trip.

Smithy

Smithy

I-10, going through El Paso. At least they'd slowed down from 80, but the lanes are quite narrow. Several years ago they decided to sacrifice some width in the name of making another lane. I could have reached out and touched that blue tractor-trailer for about half a mile. 

20211120_142656-1.jpg

When we were clear of the traffic but couldn't find a good place to stop and picnic, we worked on celery sticks, radishes and hummus. 

20211120_122458.jpg

I'll tell more about the hummus in another post. I've been putting the Instant Pot through a good workout this trip.