• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Added photos and commentary

12 hours ago, rotuts said:

@Smithy 

indeed !

not so much the CkFat for me

but some like it 

drunk.jpeg.97e8ada737e099de258934a7b405b5e3.jpeg

You're right... some in our household like it. 🙂 I'm more pleased with the jelly. It's going to help some potatoes or rice in a few days. 

Tonight's dinner is breaded and baked pork steaks, and (slightly overcooked, doggone it) asparagus with butter. You've all seen it before, so unless the pics are fabulous I won't bother. Tomorrow I'm off on an excursion with friends for a couple of days. I may not be updating here until I get back on Friday. 

Edited to add: the dinner was very much to our tastes and the asparagus was not, as I'd feared, overcooked. The picture isn't stellar but the dinner deserves to be remembered. 

20210330_230424.jpg

So does tonight's moonrise.

20210330_230152.jpg

Smithy

Smithy

11 hours ago, rotuts said:

@Smithy 

indeed !

not so much the CkFat for me

but some like it 

drunk.jpeg.97e8ada737e099de258934a7b405b5e3.jpeg

You're right... some in our household like it. 🙂 I'm more pleased with the jelly. It's going to help some potatoes or rice in a few days. 

Tonight's dinner is breaded and baked pork steaks, and (slightly overcooked, doggone it) asparagus with butter. You've all seen it before, so unless the pics are fabulous I won't bother. Tomorrow I'm off on an excursion with friends for a couple of days. I may not be updating here until I get back on Friday.