• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Inserted a missing pronoun

2 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

My latest fun thing to do with okra is stuff them.  When I first saw this recipe I thought seeing I would need to buy big okra they would be tough.  Well, I was wrong.  I got four to five inch okra....as non-woody-looking as I could.  Made a slit and stuffed in the East Indian spice mix called for in the recipe.  Then you fry them in a bit of oil, so they sizzle, over medium low heat until they get soft and almost done then crank the heat adding a little more oil to get them crispy.  Delicious.  The one grocery store that carries okra doesn't always get nice small ones so this is a great way to use the larger ones.

Do you have a link to the recipe in question? This sounds like something I'd like to try.

Smithy

Smithy

1 hour ago, Okanagancook said:

My latest fun thing to do with okra is stuff them.  When I first saw this recipe I thought seeing I would need to buy big okra they would be tough.  Well, I was wrong.  I got four to five inch okra....as non-woody-looking as I could.  Made a slit and stuffed in the East Indian spice mix called for in the recipe.  Then you fry them in a bit of oil, so they sizzle, over medium low heat until they get soft and almost done then crank the heat adding a little more oil to get them crispy.  Delicious.  The one grocery store that carries okra doesn't always get nice small ones so this is a great way to use the larger ones.

Do have a link to the recipe in question? This sounds like something I'd like to try.