• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

spelling

On 4/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, rotuts said:

Id try it

and go back and get some more

<snip>

Nice idea, although we won't be able to go back this trip. There may be other opportunities farther along. Otherwise, if we like it I'll add it to my ever-expanding list of oddball foods to pick up along our route!  Thanks also for the refrigeration / anti-oxidation advice. I hadn't thought of that.

We had intended to revisit the Barrio Brewing Co. where we dined with @FauxPas and Mr. FauxPas last spring. The only time we got close was quite by accident. My darling thinks it was a Freudian slip on the part of the GPS. We were trying to find HF Coors, of pottery fame, around several traffic accidents and reconstruction projects. My phone was saying to go one way, and so was my head; his GPS kept saying to go another way. It's no good having 2 navigators working at the same time, so I sat back and let his GPS take the lead. We ended up at Barrio Brewing! The GPS must have thought that was what "Coors" meant. It was much too early for dinner, and neither of us wanted beer with lunch, so we decided to come back later. We never made it. I found a consolation prize at a market later.

20190403_123952.jpg

It's a nice, light golden brew: not too hoppy, not too sweet. Pretty good with dinner. I'll add a photo of the brew in a mug later; it's pretty, but has escaped the camera lens for some reason.

Smithy

Smithy

On 4/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, rotuts said:

Id try it

and go back and get some more

<snip>

Nice idea, although we won't be able to go back this trip. There may be other opportunities farther along. Otherwise, if we like it I'll add it to my ever-expanding list of oddball foods to pick up along our root!  Thanks also for the refrigeration / anti-oxidation advice. I hadn't thought of that.

We had intended to revisit the Barrio Brewing Co. where we dined with @FauxPas and Mr. FauxPas last spring. The only time we got close was quite by accident. My darling thinks it was a Freudian slip on the part of the GPS. We were trying to find HF Coors, of pottery fame, around several traffic accidents and reconstruction projects. My phone was saying to go one way, and so was my head; his GPS kept saying to go another way. It's no good having 2 navigators working at the same time, so I sat back and let his GPS take the lead. We ended up at Barrio Brewing! The GPS must have thought that was what "Coors" meant. It was much too early for dinner, and neither of us wanted beer with lunch, so we decided to come back later. We never made it. I found a consolation prize at a market later.

20190403_123952.jpg

It's a nice, light golden brew: not too hoppy, not too sweet. Pretty good with dinner. I'll add a photo of the brew in a mug later; it's pretty, but has escaped the camera lens for some reason.