• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Shipping cakes

cakesuite

i second fedex...i think fedex usually ends up cheaper too. i recently sent some chocolates cross country and they did fine on the overnight. three boxes at thirty pounds a piece ended up being about $370...i hope your brother is paying you for shipping at least! that's still a huge savings on buying a wedding cake from an anonymous baker.

i second fedex...i think fedex usually ends up cheaper too.  i recently sent some chocolates cross country and they did fine on the overnight.  three boxes at thirty pounds a piece ended up being about $370...i hope your brother is paying you for shipping at least!  that's still a huge savings on buying a wedding cake from an anonymous baker.

Those lovely chocolates if I recall correctly... Fed Ex, sounds like the plan is shaping up. Keep it frozen, bribe the chef, sponge substitute at the ready, and either pack this puppy into the seat next to me or rely on the Fed Ex.

Merci Beaucoup!

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

Help us get our pies to NY in one peice. We want to fed ex a few easter pies for family in NYC via Fed Ex. Any advise so it gets there in one peice?

Thanks!

-Mike

-Mike & Andrea