• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant near Gladston

coughy

My husband came home with tickets for the LPGA for this weekend. I am looking for a place to have a nice dinner in the Gladstone area. Price is not an issue. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by coughy (log)

We always enjoy Venezia in Chester, which is only 10 minutes up 206 north. If you get to Main St., you've gone too far. It's a small, intimate, Italian, BYO, but the the food is consistantly good, as is the service. It's in the Shop-Rite shopping center (right on the end), and while I couldn't find the exact address online, here's the phone number: (908) 879-2848. I do suggest calling for a reservation if you choose to go here.

Pierre's, between Bernardsville and Morristown on 202N is a favorite. Delicious food and a very pretty restaurant. But watch for deer on 202 (or anywhere near Gladstone/Peapack/Far Hills/B'ville) when driving at night!

The Tewksbury Inn in Oldwick. About 15 minutes away across the country roads.

Fine food and fine wine list

Willie's Tavern 10 minutes south on 206, Bedminster, left at light.

Casual upscale tavern fare

Many places in Somerville

Verve, Wasabi Asian Plates, The Melting Pot and numerous BYOBs

I hope you enjoy the LPGA Match Play. Hamilton Farm GC is a magnificent golf course in a bucolic setting.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover

Opah Grill in Gladstone is the closest good restaurant. Limestone Cafe is pretty good and just a bit further down. Tewksbury Inn is also good, 15 minutes in the other direction. All will be JAMMED!

Willie's Tavern is not good. The last meal I had at Venezia last winter was mediocre.

Not the biggest fan on Opah Grill. Decent quality for the area, but I cannot stand oversauced, muddled fish. Although some may say they are creative, some of the dishes there seem to be overly contrived. Though, again, for the area is not too bad. I would definitely recommend Pierre's. Great solid food with just enough creativity to keep it interesting and a really nice and dedicated chef. I've been going there for years.