• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Eats in Bridgeport Ct.

sir loin

My standard stop in that area is The Super Duper Weenie in nearby Fairfield. They're extremely serious about hot dogs. It's very casual.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Yea, that's REAL casual.... A little too much so for me. I've been there and it is a minimalist kind of place, plus it IS just a hot dog, after all!

How do hot dogs and fries rate being on eGullet? (small amount of facetiousness included)

I can recommend Scribner's (seafood) Restaurant a few miles to the east. http://www.scribnersrestaurant.com/index.htm

31 Village Road, Woodmont, Connecticut 06460 (203) 878-7019

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...

Yea, that's REAL casual....  A little too much so for me.  I've been there and it is a minimalist kind of place, plus it IS just a hot dog, after all!

How do hot dogs and fries rate being on eGullet? (small amount of facetiousness included)

I can recommend Scribner's (seafood) Restaurant a few miles to the east.  http://www.scribnersrestaurant.com/index.htm

31 Village Road, Woodmont, Connecticut  06460  (203) 878-7019

He did say "casual," after all.

The King and I offers terrific Thai food at 545 Broadbridge Road in Bridgeport.

It all depends on what you like, where you're coming from, and how much you want to spend.

If coming from the southwest, Mansion Clam House is an easy off/on at Exit 17 in Westport. It is summery and serviceable food.

One of the many Barcelona's might make for good pre-show tapas.

But if a dog is more up one's alley, you can't do much better than Super Duper.

I'll second the vote for King & I. Really excellent Thai food and reasonably priced, to boot!

Barcleona is a decent choice and the Fairfield location is easy to get to right off the Merritt Parkway, although the Springsteen show is at the Arena which is off I-95.

Unfortunately, Super Duper Weenie may not be a choice either as, if I remember correctly, the show is on a Wednesday and they close by 4:00 Monday-Wednesdays.