• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

When to drink this Pomerol?

Freckles

Hello!  I was given a bottle of 2000 Chateau Chevrol Bel Air, a Pomerol.  Wondering if I should drink it now or if it will improve with a few years in my cellar?  Thanks!  --  Freckles

I can only find refrences to Chateau de Bel-Air

If this is the wine it's a one star in my book with a value marker which would suggest that if you can find out what the 2000 vintage for pomerol was like? if it was good year I'd expect you to get about 10 years out of the bottle but if not it probably ready for drinking it is a minor pomerol classed as a sattelite but good value mine refrences a L et J.P Musset on bottle if not this one I'd drink it but even if it's a good year it not a long standing wine wouldn't expect to get much more than 10 years from a fantastic vintage, but whether its at it's best I not drunk it so dont honestly know

hope this helps

Perfection cant be gained, but it can be strived for:huh:

Perfection cant be reached, but it can be strived for!

THANKS. That is a huge huge help. As you can see, I'm not exactly an expert at this wine stuff. I'm trying to learn, but it is taking its sweet time. I really appreciate you pitching in and I will drink this sucker ASAP. -- Freckles.