• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Congratulations Susan in FL

joiei

Susan, congratulations on taking on the task of running a separate Board for Florida. It truly does deserve it's own. Being the most diverse state in the south, its cuisine does have a lot more unique influences in larger amounts than most other places.

And you are most accepting of all the different regions of Florida. Your reports show this. Good luck and dine on.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Thank you, Joiei! I happen to feel the same way about Florida, and deserving its own forum. :biggrin:

I am very excited about the new board, and appreciative of your support. I'm looking forward to the growth of the Florida Forum!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Special congratulations to my fellow state host(ess), Susan Burgess .. I see she is taking on both beer and hanging chads ... :laugh:

Florida is very much in the news nowadays and, sometimes, even for the food! Give brother Jeb a big hug and kiss for me ... count your ballots carefully, and, above all else, see that the rest of us get our share of Joe's Stone Crabs! a little bit of heaven, Florida-wise!

Welcome, Susan! :biggrin:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Thanks, All. And thanks in advance, Danny and anybody else who will be contributing to this forum, especially to those who are more current in their info about the southernmost parts of FL where I don't visit so often.

Danny, what's this about a place called Stop Miami? :smile:

A state that reportedly will shortly overtake New York as third-largest in population in the US deserves its own forum. I'm glad it has its own now, and I know you'll do a great job as host.

Michael aka "Pan"

A state that reportedly will shortly overtake New York as third-largest in population in the US deserves its own forum. I'm glad it has its own now, and I know you'll do a great job as host.

wonder how many are counted & voting, both places :raz:

LOL!!