• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A good one

Florida Jim

2003 Las Brisas, Rueda:

Nose of orange skin, peach and chalk with lightly floral accents; harmonious in the mouth with bright, ripe citrus, lemon, peach flavors, some depth, well integrated; and a persistent, slightly tart fruit and mineral finish. This is a refreshing wine with good cut, nice complexity, 13% alcohol and is obviously well-made. About $8.

Buy more.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com

I assume this is a verdejo? I fell in love with the verdejos from Rueda on a recent trip to Spain. I have had a relatively hard time finding them in the States though.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I assume this is a verdejo? I fell in love with the verdejos from Rueda on a recent trip to Spain. I have had a relatively hard time finding them in the States though.

My understanding is that Rueda is often a blend of verdejo and viura. This is not designated as a "Superior" so I suspect the amount of verdejo is something like 25%, at best.

But I don't know much about Spanish wine and am very willing to learn.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com