• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dessert recommendation near Dover,NJ

scarlet knight

Trying to remember the name of the cafe in Denville...anyone who can help?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

• 2 weeks later...

The play didn't end until 10-10:30, so we didn't want to bother a regular restaurant at that time. We went to the diner near County College of Morris (Randolph Diner?). Not a culinary hotspot and it reeked of smoke, but a decent place to talk. Too bad about the tea house in Denville.

there's cafe metro....

it's a vegetarian place.  i've been a couple of times and enjoyed it, but i'm not sure that's what you're looking for....  it's in denville, i believe.

cheers :)

hc

Cafe Metro is not vegetarian. But the menu does steer toward healthful foods.

BLOG: www.northjersey.com/foodblogwww.northjersey.com/foodblog

TWITTER: www.twitter.com/billpitcherwww.twitter.com/billpitcher