• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marco Island Rec's please

jwjojo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought I would bump up this topic again in hopes of getting you a response from someone who has been to Marco Island recently. It was several years ago that we were there, too, and we were disappointed in the restaurants :sad:, but I'm hopeful that some new places have opened. At the time, the best was the restaurant at the Marriott, where we stayed.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess the reason no one had any food rec's for Marco Island is because the food there is not good. We did not try too many places because we were batting zero from the top. Went to the Crazy Flamingo for dinner...had a chicken sandwich which was good. It was. Good fries. We sat next to the bathroom and ordered from the bar. That's just how it goes. That is okay. Good sandwiches at Snooks Inn...good fries :) We got bbq from Porky's and Michelbobs. We ordered chicken. Dry and tasteless chicken. We got pizza from Joeys. Okay, I guess. Not horrible. We went to Konrads for dinner. We both got pasta dishes..chicken w/cheese, and pasta and shellfish/fish. Horrible. Trully, unquestionably horrible. We ate in the rest of the time.

Yes, it's a very tough location in which to find quality restaurant food. I've been there several times and as much as I always tell myself in advance that I'm prepared for the culinary dearth, it's always extremely frustrating once I get there.

I've found a couple of decent places in Naples over the years but I can't remember names at the moment. I'll be back shortly to fill in some details (after I confer with the friends we were there with). Even though it's been about 4 years since I was last there, those friends are there frequently -- and as recently as last month.

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com