• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Local Supplier for Good Cello Bags?

On the pastry & baking forum there's been a lot of talk about Homemade Marshmallows. I'm planning to sell them at the coffee house for which I bake. I found some really nice cello bags that fit about 4 1-1/2" square marshmallows at a local party rental place but they're $0.50 each!! The regular flimsy ones this size are only $0.10 but they look exactly that, cheap. Does anyone know of a wholesaler I could buy these from? The $0.50 cello bags I think are intended for wedding favors. They fold out to about 2-1/2" square and about 9"tall with a small piece of silver coloured cardboard at the bottom to hold it firm. I've tried the obvious (to me :)) Michaels, dollar stores, etc. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I live in Mission but am willing to drive or arrange something by mail. Thanks.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

There is a wholesaler in Burnaby that we use for all of our packaging but I can't remember the name. I've placed the call and should have the name of it shortly.

OK, Creative Packaging is the company that we use for most of our packaging. Also Charlie's Chocolate Factory sells packaging for confections.

Edited by peppyre (log)

Once again, you guys are AMAZING!! Thanks so much for the quick response.

And transfattyacid... you're pretty funny! :laugh:

Edited by CanadianBakin' (log)

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden