• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining Around Victoria

Mangoe

Just an FYI as well, Dine Out Nanaimo starts next week, Feb 20 - Mar 16 for all us Mid Islanders.

Colin

Hey Colin,

Can you post a link? Do you have your menu worked out yet? Would love to hear about what you are doing up there.

I am wondering what the chances of dim sum in Victoria, or anywhere on Vancouver Island are? Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'd go with Don Mee's. It's pretty basic dim sum. Van Isle isn't known for having a large number of Chinese restaurants, unfortunately.

Edited by Brenda (log)

I am wondering what the chances of dim sum in Victoria, or anywhere on Vancouver Island are? Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'd go with Don Mee's. It's pretty basic dim sum. Van Isle isn't known for having a large number of Chinese restaurants, unfortunately.

Yeah selection is pretty slim. Don Mee isn't bad but if you're use to paying Vancouver Dim Sum prices be ready to be surprised.

We're going to Blue Crab this coming weekend. Hopefully pics to follow.

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

Just an FYI as well, Dine Out Nanaimo starts next week, Feb 20 - Mar 16 for all us Mid Islanders.

Colin

Hey Colin,

Can you post a link? Do you have your menu worked out yet? Would love to hear about what you are doing up there.

The only link is one for Tourism Nanaimo and they'vs changed the dates so I will have to call them in the morning to get the scoop. Nothing outrageous with the menu as March is when we see the majority of our local owners in house and we tend to be very busy, we will definetly be putting the wood fired grill and rotisserie to work though. Unfortunetly no gingerbread pudding, although my pastry chef does make some mean cheesecakes (maybe even a gingerbread pudding flavoured one) as well we will run our Tuxedo Mousse.

Colin

edit. dates are confirmed as March 1 - 30

Edited by ColinD (log)

Colin Dunn

Burnt Out Exec Chef