• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

It was a blessedly cool morning. My phone was buried in bottom of my bag. We got there as set up in progress so chatting was easy without a crowd. Just tomatoes, corn and stone fruit (yellow & white nectarines and pluots) for me.  Had too much at home to justify proper treatment of anything more. Oh there were decent sized Hass avocados for $1 and I got one. Same farmer had these adorable little dragon fruit - like goose egg size. He said they were the flouro magenta inside. After too many disappounting dragons I did not indulge this time but they were cute. Many farmers come down  from the central valley and they said the smoke issue from our fires was intense. One young one said "well at least we are coming to the rainy season" - entire surrounding crowd shrieked and said pretty much "in your dreams unfortunately!!!"

heidih

heidih

It was a blessedly cool morning. My phone was buried in bottom of my bag. We got there as set up in progress so chatting was easy without a crowd. Just tomatoes, corn and stone fruit (yellow & white nectarines and pluots) for me.  Had too much at home to justify proper treatment of anything more. Oh there were decent sized Hass avocados for $1 and I got one. Same farmer had these adorable little dragon fruit - like goose egg size. He said they were the flouro magenta inside. After too many disappounting dragons I did not indulge this time but they were cute. Many farmers come down  from the central valley and they said the smoke issue fro mour fires was intense. One young one said "well at least we are coming to the rainy season" - entire surrounding crowd shrieked and said pretty much "in your dreams unfortunately!!!"

heidih

heidih

It was a blessedly cool morning. My phone was buried in bottom of my bag. We got there as set up in progress so chatting was easy without a crowd. Just tomatoes, corn and stone fruit (yellow & white nectarines and pluots)b by me.  Had too much at home to justify proper treatment of anything more. Oh there were decent sized Hass avocados for $1 and I got one. Same farmer had these adorable little dragon fruit - like goose egg size. He said they were the flouro magenta inside. After too many disappounting dragons I did not indulge this time but they were cute. Many farmers come down  from the central valley and they said the smoke issue fro mour fires was intense. One young one said "well at least we are coming to the rainy season" - entire surrounding crowd shrieked and said pretty much "in your dreams unfortunately!!!"