• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Place for Lunch in Kits

appreciator

Well this is a bit last minute but as I have not been out for lunch in a while, I am having trouble coming up with somewhere in the Kits/West 4th area. I'm meeting a friend tomorrow so wanted to see if anyone had any favourites to recommend. Thx.

sarah

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was. --Unknown

Well this is a bit last minute but as I have not been out for lunch in a while, I am having trouble coming up with somewhere in the Kits/West 4th area.  I'm meeting a friend tomorrow so wanted to see if anyone had any favourites to recommend. Thx.

1. Bistro Pastis for a quiet chat and a neat turn on french

2. The Epicurean for casual Italian

3. The Smoking Dog for a crab crepe

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

Thanks Jamie.... I was thinking about Pastis as I've had some wonderful dinners there.... most likely a dandy place for lunch as well :smile:

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them as well as I'm sure there will be more than this occasion to be thinking about a good place for lunch. :biggrin:

sarah

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was. --Unknown

Indian Oven upstairs on 4th @ Maple.

Gorgeous view and wonderful Eggplant Bhajia.

Maybe they'll open the patio if it's warm.

Another excellent lunch spot is Annapurna the Indian Vegetarian place on 4th @ Burrard.

Thanks Sam.... I've had dinner at Annapurna a long time ago (it was delish) but have never ventured into the Indian Oven. I think it used to be called Maples (or something like that) many moons ago and I remember having lunch there quite often when I worked two blocks away.

I was also thinking about sushi for lunch as there's that new place on 4th just up from Burrard, can't remember the name.

In the end, we did not go for lunch today after all but will file these suggestions away for another time.

sarah

hi

i hear from my buddies without wifes that the patio is a great place to perv in the summer too .

Oh my gawd.... thanks for the laugh TFA.... I surely needed that right now :laugh:

sarah

hi

i hear from my buddies without wifes that the patio is a great place to perv in the summer too .

Oh my gawd.... thanks for the laugh TFA.... I surely needed that right now :laugh:

yah i figured

you a kits man ?

Well I'm a Kits gal actually but I thought it was funny all the same.... :biggrin:

sarah

oh, no worries..... maybe it's my ballsy posts that had you confused :wink:

Although I'd think the name "Sarah" in my tag line would have been a dead giveaway :smile:

sarah

oh, no worries..... maybe it's my ballsy posts that had you confused  :wink:

Although I'd think the name "Sarah" in my tag line would have been a dead giveaway  :smile:

it is time to buy that new monitor .

i can just make it out now you mentioned it .

any way where were we ...... yes thank good for lululemon .... no that wasn`t it ........... oh yeah lunch in skits ( no typo ) hi nippon me likes too , and joes grill best benny in town

tt

Although I'd think the name "Sarah" in my tag line would have been a dead giveaway  :smile:

any way where were we ...... yes thank good for lululemon .... no that wasn`t it ........... oh yeah lunch in skits ( no typo ) hi nippon me likes too , and joes grill best benny in town

What do you like about Hi Nippon? I've found it fair to middling on most occasions myself. Joe's I like for breakfast..... way above Sophie's...... mind you the lack of silly line-ups is defininately part of it.

Do you live in the 'hood?

sarah

What do you like about Hi Nippon? I've found it fair to middling on most occasions myself. Joe's I like for breakfast..... way above Sophie's...... mind you the lack of silly line-ups is defininately part of it.

Do you live in the 'hood?

hi nippon can be inconsistant at times but its close by and i find it to be as good if not better than most places near by for the price .

yes i live in the hood .

yes i have my breakfast at joes alot but its noramaly lunch time when i``m eating it

:biggrin:

tt

The new place in the 1800 Block W4 is called Totoya haven't been yet m'self.

Thanks Sam..... someone in the 'hood is going to have to check this place out and report back as a service to all :smile: hmmm ... maybe sushi after my run tonight.... though that doesn't quite sound right for some reason.

sarah