• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rick Stein's restaurant in Padstow

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome, Monsieur Le Capitan.

And may we ask what your connection is to the joys of Padstein?

Thanks for the welcome :D

Rick is my dad and I work in the kitchen at the seafood restaurant, Ive just got back from 5 years at university and am a commie, hoping to work my way through the our kitchens for a few years.

Welcome, Monsieur Le Capitan.

And may we ask what your connection is to the joys of Padstein?

Thanks for the welcome :D

Rick is my dad and I work in the kitchen at the seafood restaurant, Ive just got back from 5 years at university and am a commie, hoping to work my way through the our kitchens for a few years.

Welcome indeed.Very much looking forward to venturing back down to Padstow later this year, despite the likes of Slacker and Basil being in situ. :biggrin:

But Jack, did you really mean Commie or perhaps Commis? Although five years at Uni could well do that to you. :smile:

But Jack, did you really mean Commie or perhaps Commis? Although five years at Uni could well do that to you. :smile:

Hehehehe! Good point tho, a kitchen where there are no bourgeoisie, only commis and everyone will work the same and earn the same, Ill have a word with the old man see what he says :biggrin: