• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Rules: What Everyone Should Know

slkinsey

#974: Make sure the beer can is empty before you put your cigarette out in it.  Someone (you!) may still be drinking it.

Ugh! :angry: A lesson learned the hard way!

I wish I could say that all it takes is once to learn that one.

--DW

The only way to avoid it is to train yourself and your friends to reflexively crush (OK, dent, I could never crush them) the can as soon as they finish off the beer, and drink only from the unmolested cans. And check anyway.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

The only way to avoid it is to train yourself and your friends to reflexively crush (OK, dent, I could never crush them) the can as soon as they finish off the beer, and drink only from the unmolested cans.  And check anyway.

Rule #876 - Friends don't let friends drink beer out of cans (unless 100% unavoidable)

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

Rule #877 Flaming drinks rarely impress the opposite sex.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

The Queneau's additional rules:

(1) Any drink in a strip joint will invariably taste of tanning lotion.

(

You're doing it wrong! Drink it out of the glass, not her navel!

Edited by Busboy (log)

I'm on the pavement

The only way to avoid it is to train yourself and your friends to reflexively crush (OK, dent, I could never crush them) the can as soon as they finish off the beer, and drink only from the unmolested cans.  And check anyway.

Rule #876 - Friends don't let friends drink beer out of cans (unless 100% unavoidable)

You have to remember the days when you were young and poor. When that $5.99 case of Iron City -- as opposed to the $5.99 6-pack of Heiniken -- was all you can afford.

Never forget the lessons of poverty...lest you have to learn over again.

I'm on the pavement