• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Happy Birthday Craig Camp

tjaehnigen

Thanks to all. Actually we celebrated yesterday with a gita cruise around the northern villages of Lago Maggiore on the Swiss border. Lunch was grilled fresh lake fish (kind of like rainbow trout) with a no-name local vino bianco out of plastic cups at a stand put up by a local church group raising money. Franky, almost any wine you drink with such delicious fish while gazing at the Alps over the lake tastes fantastic!

However, the magnum of 1978 Prunotto Barbaresco Montestefano (made by the great Beppe Colla) I opened today tasted pretty good too!

Happy Birthday Craig! I hope you're enjoying your day and drinking some fantastic wines in celebration! I shall toast you this evening!

In Vino Veritas,

Katie

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

It's still your birthday in California, Signore.

I'm having prosecco, as promised. To you!

As promised, I too raised a glass of Saintsbury Chardonnay to you, Craig.

As they say in Moscow - Nice Driveway! :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Many happy returns filled with fine wines and your loved ones to share them with you.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.