• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Arey

Arey

I use the standard wooden holder that uses what I call adding machine tape.  When going out I tear the list off and put it on the front of the small pocket notebook I always carry. At home I take it  off the notebook and put it under the cd disk holder on top of the cd player. This is to ensure that when I notice I'm out of something I will write it on the easily accessed piece of paper, and when I go out I will take the list with me, and when shopping, I will actually look at the list while in the supermarket, and the list will be readable so I won't end up standing in the aisle wondering what 2 wrntzes is.

When my mother lived with me, she would tell me we're out of things,  when I got home from work which sometimes meant I  had to go back out . In order to avoid this I bought one of those magnetized note pads which I stuck on the fridge door and asked mother to write whatever we were out of on the pad so when I left the house i could get whatever we needed on the way back.  The next time she told me were out of something I looked at the pad on the fridge and it was blank.
"Why didn't you write it down on the pad?" I asked.
"I was afraid I might forget to tell you to look at the pad" she replied.

Despite my assurances that she didn't have to remind me to look at the pad, she never did use it and eventually I gave up and took it down.

Arey

Arey

I use the standard wooden holder that uses what I call adding machine tape.  When going out I put it on the front of the small pocket notebook I always carry. At home I take it  off the notebook and put it under the cd disk holder on top of the cd player. This is to ensure that when I notice I'm out of something I will write it on the easily accessed piece of paper, and when I go out I will take the list with me, and when shopping, I will actually look at the list while in the supermarket, and the list will be readable so I won't end up standing in the aisle wondering what 2 wrntzes is.

When my mother lived with me, she would tell me we're out of things,  when I got home from work which sometimes meant I  had to go back out . In order to avoid this I bought one of those magnetized note pads which I stuck on the fridge door and asked mother to write whatever we were out of on the pad so when I left the house i could get whatever we needed on the way back.  The next time she told me were out of something I looked at the pad on the fridge and it was blank.
"Why didn't you write it down on the pad?" I asked.
"I was afraid I might forget to tell you to look at the pad" she replied.

Despite my assurances that she didn't have to remind me to look at the pad, she never did use it and eventually I gave up and took it down.