• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ultimate Peanut butter sandwich topic

jackal10

I think peanut butter needs something to with it to cut the clagginess (if there is such a word) - and provide lubricaton. Mayo, or something sharp like pickle. Sweet doesn't do it for me. Also something to bring out the meaty notes - marmite, or worcester or soy..

I think peanut butter needs something to with it to cut the clagginess (if there is such a word) - and provide lubricaton. Mayo, or something sharp like pickle. Sweet doesn't do it for me. Also something to bring out the meaty notes - marmite, or worcester or soy..

Lime pickle does nicely.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

a couple different versions. all on a nice heavy wholegrain bread, preferably with a moist chewy crumb. and i like peanut butter fresh ground from honey-roasted peanuts. if not than peter pan will do.

1. Toasted, with peanut butter and orange marmalade - the more rind the better.

2. toasted with peanut butter and patak's garlic pickle.

3. with banana and bacon, no need for frying (the sandwich i mean)

everyonce in a while i curl up in my version of the fetal position (wonder bread, peter pan and gobs of grape jelly)

Edited by tryska (log)

Chunky Jif smeared on just-toasted white or egg bread, with or without Smucker's strawberry jam, and eating immediately

Also, the same on untoasted same

Why Jif and Smucker's? Blame it on my mother. It's what I liked then and what I like now.