• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Leftover Prime Rib

amccomb

Fried rice, of course! We can never get enough of it around here. The best batch I ever made started with leftover spareribs. I used some leftover goat once that turned out to be great too. Prime rib would make great fried rice. If you don't have any day old rice lying around, I've made a batch in the morning and refrigerated it until dinner time.

2 lbs is still a sizeable hunk of meat. Is there a reason you wouldn't want to reheat it on the grill? I think this cut of beef can cook to medium and still be tender and juicy. Prime rib to me is such a luxury that I would hate to transform it into any other dish that could be made just as well with a cheaper cut.

Edited by Laksa (log)

Sandwich- crusty baguette, grilled onions and bell peppers, cheese and mayo.

Or eat cold- thinly sliced, over the sink with a salt shaker and a glass of wine.

This might seem wierd, but I like cascabella peppers soaked in soy sauce with cheese and meat. Salty, creamy and spicy!

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

I'm with Laksa. A bit of a dry rub and back on the grill to warm.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I would slice it very thin, spread with duxelles, roll it up, heat it briefly and eat it with fresh French bread.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett