• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

HELP SEA e-G's

I messed-up big-time and need some help.

My high-maintenance L.A. friend is arriving tomorrow and I FORGOT to make a dinner reservation for Saturday night in Seattle at "the great restaurant I found"...that being Cascadia.

They are booked for the range of times that work for me (with the ferry schedule) as is Union.

Love Mistral but they only do tasting menus which would be too much food for my 'thin as a whippet' friend.

I've left a phone message at Lampreia and hopefully they will have room.

So........as a back-up what would be the next choice? Something walk-able from ferry...great food...yadda, yaddda...yadda

THANKS !!!

Here are a few for you to consider (not all are great):

Dahlia

Brasa

Campagne

Il Terrazzo Carmine

Le Pichet

Buenos Aires Grill (wall to wall meat)

Flying Fish

Andaluca

Of those you mentioned Trattoria Carmine comes closest in terms of atmosphere, service, good food...but I took her there on her last visit.

We've been to most of the others on your list...good in their own way....'wall to wall meat'....LOL

Char, what about Maximillien at the Market. View is good, especially from the second floor. Kay

Never been....might be a good time to try it.

I'm still hoping we can get into Lampreia...which I hope has an a la carte menu...I remember ordering the tasting menu last time...she's a picky one...oy vey!

I'm still hoping we can get into Lampreia...which I hope has an a la carte menu...

Yes - Scott suggested just coming in for appetizers when I chatted with him on the street corner.

I'll forgo the tasting menu this time so my friend won't get bored watching......

I wish I had written down everything we ate...it was SO good.

We had the Tasting Menu which featured TOMATO

There was a Gazpacho, a Mousse Terrine with three types of tomato, A rosemary tart with a tomato filling of some sort....a delicious piece of salmon with a 'tomato crust' on top...

I know...these are very poor descriptions of what was a wonderful meal....

A cheese plate came next (two strong/two mild) and I had the Bing Cherry/White Chocolate dessert while my companion opted for the Tapioca Pudding.

At $68 I thought this meal was a steal !!

I had a Cosmo and we shared a Cain Sav Blanc which went perfectly with the meal.

As a very nice touch.....we asked to have a cab called (we'd been walking all over Seattle for hours before dinner) and when one didn't come promptly Scott walked us out the door...whistled-down one and helped us cross the street.

The Tomato Tasting Menu will be available through mid-September (I asked Scott about it) and I'll be going back with my husband (the tomato addict)