• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner at Imperial Garden at the Great Wall

I'm moving this conversation from the hot pot thread to a new thread to announce an eGullet dinner at the Imperial Garden at the Great Wall Mall in Kent (near IKEA).

About a year ago, at the height of the SARS brouhaha that sent people running away from the ID and the Great Wall, we organized a dinner at the Imperial Garden, a really lovely Chinese restaurant that anchors the mall. Click herefor details of that dinner.

Let's do it again!

Are you in? Just post here when you're available and how many people are in your party. Kids are welcome (this is a pretty family friendly place).

Here are some possible dates. Let's say dinner at around 6:30ish?

Sunday, Aug. 1

Wednesday, Aug. 4

Thursday, Aug. 5

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Hey Girl Chow, Thankyou... It is indeed a great week for eGullet folks. When it rains, it pours. I will be attending everything and then some. I am also attending the Scott Samuels hands on cooking class at Cooks World Thurs. 8/5. Of the days listed, Sunday, Aug. 1 is the best day for me. Once a date has been finalized I will check with Mr. White Lotus and possibly daughter White Lotus who may be back from Sumner school by then. My family has been wondering about the group of strangers I have been choosing to hanging out with lately. May I offer a suggestion, if we don't get immediate takers to set a date for that busy week, sould we consider putting out dates for after the Aug. 7th weekend? I am in regardless and look forward to sharing a great meal with great company. Sincerely, :rolleyes: WL

May I offer a suggestion, if we don't get immediate takers to set a date for that busy week, sould we consider putting out dates for after the Aug. 7th weekend? I am in regardless and look forward to sharing a great meal with great company. Sincerely, :rolleyes: WL

Yikes! You're right. I forget there are several functions coming up. I agree we should pick a date after Aug. 7. Maybe a Sunday. Thoughts?

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Lets narrow this in a little better... Sunday, Aug. 15 or Aug. 22nd, any time? If you choose to do it Aug. 7, I would be coming a little late (after 7:30). I would also have my well behaved foodie teen (16 1/2) daughter with me that day, as we would be coming straight from a college fair in Bellevue. Good luck. WL

The 7th & 15th are out for me. The 22nd or some other non-Sunday are okay.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes! I don't know why it took me so long to reply to this topic.

Yes! Sunday Aug. 22 will work for me! And it seems that White Lotus and MsRamsey can make it too. Bastila Shan, how 'bout you?

-- Frank Bruni