• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant at the Elliott Hotel

I have not been there as of yet myself, however there sous-chef was dining at my place and looking for the secret connection to buy our special sugar. She would not take no for an answer and even came back in the kitchen on a Friday night. I guess a little place like mine does not want to give the big boys our secrets. Arrogance!

Papachef, what's this about secret sugar? Did I miss it on another thread?

Great Web site, by the way. I love the prose: "Monday we are closed.This means that we will not be serving any kind of food on this day." And thanks for the link back to eGullet!

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

• 3 months later...

This doesn't truly count, as we didn't dine in the main dining room, but hubby's office christmas party was held at the new Elliott Hotel.  It was nice to see the inside, but basically most people were a little underwhelmed with the design.  Security is very tight in the lobby, with lots of fellows wearing those fbi type ear pieces.  Anyway, getting back to the party.  I guess at these things the food is catered?  At anyrate, the salmon was very dry, which is often a problem with salmon for 100+.  The vegetables, however were  fantastic.  There are so many other interesting places to try, though, I can't imagine I will be back anytime soon.

FYI, the restaurant I'm talking about is 727 Pine.  I didn't know the name when I started the thread.  Laurie and I are planning to try it for breakfast later this month; I have my eye on the duck confit and fingerling potato hash.

The URL is http://www.727pine.com/

(Edited by mamster at 7:46 pm on Dec. 13, 2001)

Matthew Amster-Burton, aka "mamster"

Author, Hungry Monkey, coming in May