• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

well ...

the good news is your bounty will keep.

so no need to be in any hurry  

Id think about fruit and a nicely ripened stone fruit.

very hard to come by at any time , unless you have your own tree  and it not the time right now for fall fruit

consider looking for a bartlett pear.  they come from all over.  check the firmness of the flesh just below the stem

it should give a little   which means if it blemish free it will ripen on its own.  pears are a rare stone frut that might do this.

find one that has a bit of yellow on the flesh , not all green.  and the tiny bit of yield on the flesh - stem end is importatnt

when ' ripe enough '

section and add a few drops of the above and see .

it going to be hit or miss , but you might be one hit.   don't add the above if the sections you've tried are not

good to better.

a nice ripe white peach would be also nice

best of luck with that !

I have had very nice white peaches here  , but rarely.

I did grow up with many peach trees at home  .... so I know peaches

no pears.   the pear tree needs a frozen winter to do its best the next fall

then there is always exceptional Home-Made-ish full fat vanilla ice cream

2 - 3 drops os the above !

rotuts

rotuts

well ...

very hard to come by at any time , unless you have your own tree  and it not the time right now for fall fruit

consider looking for a bartlett pear.  they come from all over.  check the firmness of the flesh just below the stem

it should give a little   which means if it blemish free it will ripen on its own.  pears are a rare stone frut that might do this.

find one that has a bit of yellow on the flesh , not all green.  and the tiny bit of yield on the flesh - stem end is importatnt

when ' ripe enough '

it going to be hit or miss , but you might be one hit.   don't add the above if the sections you've tried are not

good to better.

best of luck with that !

I have had very nice white peaches here  , but rarely.

I did grow up with many peach trees at home  .... so I know peaches

no pears.   the pear tree needs a frozen winter to do its best the next fall

rotuts

rotuts

well ...

when ' ripe enough '

good to better.

best of luck with that !