• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cocoa

Tee

Does anyone know anything about Cocoa, a new place on P St (around 20th St)? At first, I thought it was some sort of lounge/club, but when I walked by yesterday they had a menu posted, with entrees in the $16-25 range.

Thanks!

I walked by there the other day. The goal of the menu seems to be to see how much fruit you can possibly have on each menu item. It's appears that Escoffier got together with Chiquita and Dole and opened this place.

Firefly Restaurant

Washington, DC

Not the body of a man from earth, not the face of the one you love

This morning's Express (Wash Post's free rag) has a short bit on it. Describes it as 'all-organic Euro fare' :hmmm: Restaurant downstairs, club upstairs.

That's all I needed to hear.

Bill Russell

So it is a restaurant/club--I don't think I've seen a good restaurant/club in DC (unless you count David Greggory--but I'm still not clear on what a "restaulounge" is. . .) :blink:

that's too bad.