• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hair In Your *OWN* Food....

Pickles

Hair in my food has never been a personal concern for me, however, my son’s mother would have lost her appetite for days just seeing this topic of conversation. I own an avocational cooking school and this has been a concern of mine for the past 14 months we have been open. Last week it finally happened. The class was enjoying Strawberry Nachos they had made when someone discovered a hair in their portion. Out of my mouth came the first (and only) thing that came to mind… “just like home, huh?” And fortunately the reply was… “only better!”

It really is just part of (a full) life.

Rex

jinmyo- If you're seriously polling: I really, really like your profile shot. I think it fits perfectly with a lot of your one-line responses. I think 'deadpan' more than 'severe'.

Deadpan's good.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

The class was enjoying Strawberry Nachos they had made when someone discovered a hair in their portion.

What are Strawberry Nachos?

And . . . welcome to eGullet!

Noise is music. All else is food.

Thanks for the welcome Nero; this is the most fascinating place I have found on the Net in the past year!

Strawberry Nachos recipe originally was from Cooking Light magazine but the California Strawberry Board has a similar version. Sorry, I haven’t learned how to post links yet, but if you want to e-mail me, I have my version in a Word document I would be happy to send you.

Rex

the eternally hungry cat had slipped inside

I'm sure you'd know by now if anything untoward had happened but...

...from one of my mother's gazillion pets and rescue operations, I caught toxoplasmois when I was a kid. No fun at all. Several months off school, heart murmur, practically chased out of blood clinic with broom when I enquired about donating blood.

I think I'd prefer to let the cat finish its meal, and find fresh prey for my own family.