• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Left Over Burgundy for Rover

Craig Camp

That's shocking. I mean it's almost earth shaking to read about wine related legislation that actually might make some sense and favor the consumer. Of course it will also help the industry by making it a bit more attractive to order a bottle in a restaurant rather than a glass or two of wine.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

This must be a state by state thing. I've been to many places across the country when unfinished wine can be taken home -- in the trunk of the car, of course.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

There are few, if any, alcoholic beverage laws that are broader than statewide. I believe the repeal of prohibition left control of alcoholic beverages to the individual states. In some states, the laws vary from county to county and may not even be the same across the county.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.