• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

French Red Wine

bleachboy

I think it's a great idea for certain occasions. How about sneaking one or two into a movie? Of course there is always the question of if the can costs/is worth more than the product inside...like a soda.

A island in a lake, on a island in a lake, is where my house would be if I won the lottery.

What sort of got me about the image was the drawing of a fish on the label. "Red wine with fish" seems like the classic faux pas. Not that there's really something wrong with it, but popular culture (and, I reckon, Escoffier) dictates white wine with fish.

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth

I guess I've got horns right now, because I don't like the taste any alcohol picks up from aluminum cans. Drink my beer in a bottle, can't even imagine wine. But hey, there's a market, so that'll bypass me. I'm thinking that PERHAPS this may be a way for guys to score with college girls, since that's around the same time girls swear off beer as too many calories in sororities!

I'm thinking that PERHAPS this may be a way for guys to score with college girls, since that's around the same time girls swear off beer as too many calories in sororities!

The irony of which is that wine has more calories than beer!!!

Born Free, Now Expensive