• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

Fumble-fingered typing

I wanted to share this with you.  Years ago, I had this book - Jim Lee's Chinese Cookbook - and after a divorce and a major move, the book somehow vanished from my collection.  I hadn't thought much about it over the years, but recently I was looking for a recipe and came across one of Jim's, and that got me to thinking about the book.  With the internet now matured, it wasn't hard to find, and here it is:

JimLeeBook.jpg.9f3d884b218abe05e436ce6a8567d510.jpg

JimLeePic.jpg.189c64e77304df38992dc44a088aacd0.jpg

Jim's food is neither fancy nor complex, rather, it's straight-forward cooking with an emphasis on technique and ingredients.  I love it, and am so glad I found another copy. That he lived in a converted matzo factory is a real bonus.  It adds another dimension to his character.

Shel_B

Shel_B

Fumble-fingered typing

I wanted to share this with you.  Years ago, I had this book - Jim Lee's Chinese Cookbook - and after a divorce and a major move, the book somehow vanished from my collection.  I hadn't thought much about it over the years, but recently I was looking for a recipe and came across one of Jim's, and that got me to thinking about the book.  With the internet now matured, it wasn't hard to find, and here it is:

Jim's food is neither fancy nor complex, rather, it's straight-forward cooking with an emphasis on technique and ingredients.  I love it, and am so glad I found another copy. That he lived in a converted matzo factory is a real bonus.  It adds another dimension to his character.

Shel_B

Shel_B

Jim's food is neither fancy nor complex, rather, it's straight-forward cooking with an emphasis on technique and ingredients.  I love it, and am so glad I found another copy. That he lived in a converted z factory is a real bonus.  It adds another dimension to his character.