• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

clarification

19 hours ago, Shelby said:

I don't know how much actual food testing gets done, but I love this site (you're probably already familiar with it).

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/

Yes Shelby,

lots of fun to be had there. xD I don't think it's very serious, though. 

I will ask @frigidlizard at this point if you would like some recipes, I have tried and still make in regular rotation from the Better Homes Cookbook 1968 and the Betty Crocker Cook Book 1969. I also have some recipes that are pretty old in my copy of Joy of Cooking. None of them are like the gelatin salads that get the laughs. 

I'm sort of a retro cook at times, and so is @Kim Shook, who might be another resource. There was also a poster from down under that was intensely interested in food history @The Old Foodie, but they haven't posted since 2009 so they probably lost interest here. You might want to search for some of the old posts though, as they always caught my interest.

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

19 hours ago, Shelby said:

I don't know how much actual food testing gets done, but I love this site (you're probably already familiar with it).

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/

Yes Shelby,

lots of fun to be had there. xD I don't think it's very serious, though. 

I will ask @frigidlizard at this point if you would like some recipes, some of which I have tried and still make in regular rotation from the Better Homes Cookbook 1968 and the Betty Crocker Cook Book 1969. I also have some recipes that are pretty old in my copy of Joy of Cooking. None of them are like the gelatin salads that get the laughs. 

I'm sort of a retro cook at times, and so is @Kim Shook, who might be another resource. There was also a poster from down under that was intensely interested in food history @The Old Foodie, but they haven't posted since 2009 so they probably lost interest here. You might want to search for some of the old posts though, as they always caught my interest.