• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Phone answering at meal time

Suzanne F

Right now, though, I'm expecting my grocery delivery (mmm, stuff to make posole, and italian cold cuts, and broccoli, and and and  :raz: ). But when the guy buzzes, I'll probably jump. Door buzzers, doorbells, and telephones are unnerving.  :blink:

You too? I always jump when the doorman buzzes up. It tends to be so unexpected, and the noise is extremely harsh. More often than not, the delivery is not for us. But the deliverymen can't speak english, so the doormen think they're asking for our apartment.

Before I married, I had a very unusual last name. It seemed like the postmaster would route all the illegibly addressed letters in town to me, just in case they were for me.

After I ceased to be married, I picked a more user-friendly name, so I didn't have that problem again.

Before I married, I had a very unusual last name. It seemed like the postmaster would route all the illegibly addressed letters in town to me, just in case they were for me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Michael aka "Pan"